Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

Since my youth I’ve had access to a vast amount of various technology. Whether it was seeing my mom take a cell phone call in our vehicle, or inserting a floppy disk into a computer to boot up a game I was surrounded with intuitive technology that seemed to be adapted to make users comfortable. I’ve never thought much about how my Sega Genesis takes a cartridge with a computer chip inside and transform that to a video game that I see, control, and really enjoy but I know that it works. It’s true what is said in our textbook, “They [Millennials] don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.” (Marketing: An Introduction Pg. 73). I completely agree with that statement because as I got older I feel attached at the hip to my smartphone. Every piece of digital technology that I come across has a purpose and because of all the prior technology I received it seems so easy to learn its purpose. With the constant upgrades of the innovative technology we are always wanting the new smartphone, computer, TV, etc. and have revolved our lives around them because it significantly speeds up the communication aspect of our lives. The book also describes Millennials as people who prefer to seek out information and engage in two-way brand conversations.” (Marketing: An Introduction Pg. 73). I have personally done many background checks and contacted businesses directly to get further information about a product or service they provide. If I don’t get a clear answer, no response, or even a bad response I won’t support that business unless something changes. As much as I didn’t want to believe that I am in fact a Millennial, after this class I understand that I have all the qualities of this generation. I just wonder what generation will come next and what type of people they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment