Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


When I moved to Las Vegas I had to make a little money go a far way. Moving from a house in Tucson, AZ to an apartment here made it harder to wash my dogs since I no longer had a backyard. My dogs were pretty dirty from traveling so I found coupons for a dog wash place up the street called Dirty Dogs Dog Wash. I no longer had a vehicle since I returned the rental car and couldn’t transport my dogs on my motorbike. I called the place and explained my situation and asked if they had a mobile way to come to my place to wash my dogs, they unfortunately said no. As I thanked them they stopped me and recommended a place they refer clients that have mobile dog washing capabilities. I told them I was planning on using a coupon to cover some of the costs and they asked if they could contact them on my behalf to see if they would honor my coupon. After a few minutes on hold they patched me through to a mobile dog wash service that could meet my needs. I never thought that a company would go as far to refer my business elsewhere but it happened just like that. They even agreed to honor the first business’ coupon! When I had the chance in the future to transport my dogs for a wash I had no other place in mind other than Dirty Dogs Dog Wash because of the great customer service I received even without directly giving them my business. It was the best customer service I’ve ever received. As CEO Hsieh of Zappos.com said “we’re willing to lose that sale, that transaction in the short term. We’re focused on building the lifelong loyalty and relationship with the customer,”1 and I believe this is more important than just making a sale.

1 Armstrong, Gary, and Philip Kotler. Marketing: An Introduction. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2000. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment