Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 1 #EOC: My Voice



Sound has always been very comforting; every type of music has a welcoming ear with me. In my adolescence I’d get lost in deep feeling from the different types of musical genres that I came across, it seemed every radio station I tuned into and song that played would take me to a new place. I didn’t quite understand the emotions that were associated with it but as I grew older I began to learn of the impact that music had in my life. I left no musical note unplayed, even the sharpest and dullest of sounds had to be explored. I began by making noise on a guitar and finally made something I like after playing more wrong notes than pleasant ones. From there my passion flourished and I began playing drums to see what I could do with percussion. Learning drums was difficult at first but with determination and practice I was able to create unique beats that matched my friend’s guitar style. I used free recording programs to capture some of the original material we were creating and that moment helped me make my decision to pursue a career in sound. I plan on pushing myself to excellence by learning all that I can and then making a name for myself in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment